Our Story Daniel F. Prout Major John R. Robertson
Robertson Banking Company is one of the oldest banks in the state of Alabama. The Bank, founded in 1870 by Daniel F. Prout and Major John R. Robertson as a private bank, operated under the name of Prout and Robertson, Bankers. Following their deaths in 1903, their descendants formed a corporation, Robertson Banking Company, and for almost 150 years Robertson Banking Company has been synonymous with safety and service.
Robertson Banking Company began in the city of Demopolis and is now located in the former Mayer Brothers building constructed in 1897. The building is both architecturally and culturally significant and is an observed landmark in the West Alabama area. It has been recognized by the Alabama Historical Commission and is on the National Registry of Historical places.
Today, the descendant families of our founders continue to operate the bank based on traditional values of integrity, commitment to the communities we serve, and fairness to all. We combine these values with the most innovative products and services delivered with the latest banking technology. Robertson Banking Company has served as the banking preference for generations of families and family businesses providing loan, deposit, and trust services in West Alabama.
- To earn the respect, confidence, and loyalty of OUR CUSTOMERS by serving them so well that they want to continue banking with us and that they encourage others to use our Bank. We would like to make our customers "feel at home" in the Bank. A friendly and pleasant attitude is essential and required to accomplish this purpose.
- To provide OUR EMPLOYEES with the highest degree of opportunity and challenge for individual achievement and to maintain a courteous working environment both between employees and customers.
- To satisfy OUR STOCKHOLDERS
- Not to malign OUR COMPETITORS and to gain their respect by ethical practices in our own business.
- To be good citizens of OUR COMMUNITY by observing the highest moral and ethical standards in the conduct of our business and by actively supporting the American system of freedom and opportunity.